As one of the most in-demand stylists in Los Angeles, Yvonne Mwazo (also known as Styled by Yvonne) is quickly establishing herself as a dominant force in the fashion industry, despite being originally from Kenya.
- Yvonne was born in Kenya but grew up in California.
- Her specialties include – fashion editorials, portfolio building, fashion shows, day to day styling, closet cleansing, Photo shoots and creating content around anything fashion related.
- She is a businesswoman; her clients’ needs are a priority.
- She has been a stylist since 2017.
- Yvonne’s unique expertise in blending high fashion with urban and edgy street style sets her apart in the fashion and styling industry, particularly in terms of diversity.
Yvonne combines African wear with American urban style.
Yvonne’s passion for fashion began in her youth, when she would sometimes accompany her mother on trips to shop for church attire.
During high school, Yvonne often got into trouble with her father for cutting up her clothes, as well as those of her friends, to redesign them according to her vision.
“Reina Africana” was Yvonne’s initial business venture, which focused on selling authentic African jewelry that was hand-beaded by women from Kenya.
While Yvonne enjoys the flexibility of her job and the opportunity to socialize and network with diverse individuals, her most rewarding moments come when her clients are pleased and content with their styling, especially when they look incredible.
Yvonne’s areas of expertise encompass a range of fashion-related services, such as fashion editorials, portfolio development, fashion show styling, day-to-day wardrobe styling, closet organization and cleaning, and photo shoot styling.