- Roast House is the first comedy TV show of its kind in Kenya.
- The show has finally come to an end with all 10 episodes now available to binge-watch on Showmax.
- The comedy show premiered in July 2022.
- Roast House features a team of comedians from Stand-Up Collective armed with brutal and hilarious roasts aimed at a different celebrity in each episode.
- Viewers have watched the roasting of – Boniface Mwangi, Sanaipei Tande, Kagwe Mungai, Nviiri, Nameless, Bensoul, Avril, Prezzo, P-Unit & Jua Cali.
In the tenth & final episode, filmmaker & actor Abel Mutua took the hot seat as the celebrity of the night.
The roast-masters did not hold back as they touched on all aspects of his life, from his marriage to parenting skills to filmmaking career to his famous YouTube series ‘Young and Stupid.’
Tugi and have a lot in common; they both rely on Njugush for their survival,”Comedian Ciku Waithaka dishes, referring to Abel’s successful collaboration with comedian Njugush.
Abel quit drinking but he didn’t let that get in the way of telling incoherent stories,”George Waweru takes a swing at Abel’s scriptwriting skills.
George Waweru was a writer on shows like Mother-In-Law and Machachari before co-founding his own production house, Philit Productions, with his friend and Tahidi High co-star Philip Karanja. The duo has since churned out titles like Sue na Jonnie, Ma’Empress, A Grand Little Lie and Click Click Bang.
Unlike other celebrities who’ve been featured on Roast House, Abel is a comedian himself. “You messed with the wrong guy,” he says when given his moment on stage before dishing back, proving that he’s still one of the finest comedians in Kenya.
Recorded live at Number 7 Club on Koinange Street, Nairobi, Roast House is co-produced by Eugene Mbugua’s D&R Studios (behind Sol Family, Kyalo Kulture.
Other comedians from Stand-Up Collective include Ciku Waithaka, Ruth Nyambura, George Waweru, David Macharia, Maina Murumba, John Ribia, Eric Lu Savali, Bashir Yusuf, Emmanuel Kisiangani, Maina Munene, Stan Saleh, Jack Nanjero, Davy Kimanzi and Darren Collins.